Sunday 17 July 2016

Faith You Can’t See

Atoms are defined as “the smallest building blocks of matter and everything in the observable universe is made of trillions of atoms.” In other words, the keyboard I am typing on is made up of a whole lot of atoms just like the tablet or handheld device you are reading this on. So, indirectly we can see what atoms can become but there is no way to see one, or even a few million, with the naked eye. We have faith in the fact that atoms exist because we can use, touch and feel the countless things that are made up of atoms.
Having Faith in Atoms
In my world I believe that God created atoms. Let’s think about that for a moment. If He is the Creator of all things in the universe, He would have also created atoms. As everything that we have in our daily lives is made of atoms, it makes sense that God was involved. You can argue about science if that is where your head is but what changed my thoughts on that was the realization that God would have created science as well.
God, Science and Faith
Science is defined as, “knowledge about or study of the natural world based on facts learned through experiments and observation.” Okay, then. If God created the “natural world” science is studying things of God. I love that. There is nothing that exists now or has ever existed in the past that God wasn’t connected to in some way. The invention of television? God created the inventors, the tools they used, etc. So believing in the fact that atoms exist, although I can’t actually see them, is faith. If I believe in atoms it’s not all that hard to come to the realization that God also exists.
James 1:6 (NIV) “But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.”
My faith in God is strong and continues to get stronger the more He communicates with me. It is from this strengthening of my faith that I can stay on track. How does your faith assist you with following God?

0 comments:

Post a Comment